Welcome to Pigeon Deterrent Solutions - a website dedicated to the humane control of pigeons.
Finding solutions to deter pigeons from your home is very important when excrement from pigeons roosting and perching are causing damage and unsightliness to the building. This problem is not only found on domestic dwellings but also on commercial buildings and public monuments. The main problems you might need pigeon deterrent solutions for include:
- When pigeon excrement is left on building materials and metals for a prolonged period of time, the high uric acid content leads to corrosion which can cause structural problems in extreme situations.
- Drains and gutters can become blocked by debris from flocks of roosting pigeons which may damage roofs and cause flooding if not monitored.
- It is also wise to install pigeon deterrents if excrement at ground level is causing or has the potential to cause a slipping problem.
- Pigeon droppings contain a variety of bacteria, fungal agents and ectoparasites (a parasite that lives on the exterior of another organism) which can potentially cause diseases in humans, although only at very high concentrations.
For further information on pigeon control have a look at the Pigeon Control Resource Centre (PCRC) website.
Click on the relevant area that you have a problem with to get info about the best humane pigeon deterrent solution:
- TV aerial
- Chimney pots
- Inbetween chimney pots
- Along a roof ridge
- On top of a small flat roof or other large flat surface
- Either side of a dormer
- Window sill
- Window that opens outwards
- Narrow ledges with a depth of up to 4" (100mm)
- Wide ledges with a depth of 4" - 8" (100-200mm)
- Very wide ledges with a depth of 8" - 12" (200-300mm)